LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cont acq&Graph voltage-int clk.vi & DaqCard -6036E

I have DaqCard 6036E connected to BNC2090A pannels.  I've ran the test pannel and the board gives correct readings.  But with Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi, I can't get correct reading - it saturates to 10V whatever I do even when I shorten the inputs for 0V reading. Any suggestion for fixing the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,429 Views)
Hi leean,

Welcome to the forums!  Could you please perform the following:

1. Launch Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).
2. Click on Data Neighborhood » Create New... » NI-DAQmx Task
3. Select Acquire Signals » Analog Input » Voltage » DevX (PCI-6036E) ai0
4. Click Next and then Finish
5. Change the acquisition mode to Continuous and leave the rest of the parameters the same
6. Click on the Connection Diagram tab and select the accessory (terminal block) connected to your card (e.g. SCB-68).  Ensure that your wiring matches the diagram.
7. Click the NI-DAQmx Task tab to return to the configuration screen and hit the Run button on the top.  Do you observe a correct reading?

If so, then continue:

8. Click Save next to the Run button in the task configuration window
9. Open the Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi from within the Example Finder
10. Delete the DAQmx Create Channel and DAQmx Timing VIs from the block diagram (steps 1 and 2) and their associated controls.  You should only have two broken wires attached to the DAQmx Start Task VI
11. Press Control-B to clean up all broken wires
12. Drag the task we created in steps 1 - 7 onto the Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk block diagram
13. Wire the task into the task/channels in terminal of the DAQmx Start Task VI
14. Change the Samples to Read on the front panel from 1000 to 100 (match what we have in the voltage task) and run the VI.  Do you observe a correct reading?

WARNING: Do not save the modified Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi example after performing steps 8 - 14.  If you want to keep the changes, simply select File » Save As... » Substitute copy for original.  Otherwise, your example will maintain the alterations.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,407 Views)

Thanks Peter! It's finally giving correct reading 🙂
So why is that the program won't run properly with DAQmx Create Channel and DAQmx Timing VIs? Does that mean whenever I need to do acquisition, I need to create a task in MAX instead of using the 2 VIs? I was hoping to set up the program such that user can pick & chose the gain setting and which Ch to read from.  It would be extremely inconvenient if it need MAX program every time. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,389 Views)

When you followed Peter's instructions, you were simply making sure that you were running exactly the same task. In your original program, my guess is that you were not configuring the channels correctly. For example, in MAX you may have been setup for RSE and in your LabVIEW program you may have been using differential. There is an Input Terminal Configuration input on DAQmx Create Channel. Try setting that to the same as what you have in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,386 Views)
I didn't relize there was input configuration. My bad..
Thank you for your help! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,383 Views)