LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview calculator

I need a calculator type display so that when I type a number from a keypad
(like a phone) the number goes into a display and scrolls along. Any ideas?

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,161 Views)
"Country Loon" wrote in message
news:1099091412.326623@ftpsrv1...
> I need a calculator type display so that when I type a number from a
keypad
> (like a phone) the number goes into a display and scrolls along. Any
ideas?
>
> Tom
>
>

Actually I figured out how to do this - for anybody who is interested by
using concatenate strings and registers.

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,160 Views)
In the Express VIs (LabVIEW 7.0 and later) there is a Formula Express VI. It has a calculator interface. you might be able to use it as is. If not, you can open the configuration VI for it and see how NI did it. This VI is on the functions palette at Express -> Arithmentic & Comparison -> Formula. The configuration VI is at LabVIEW\vi.lib\express\express arith-compare\FormulaConfig\Configure Formula.vi .

It basically uses a while loop with an event structure. It has buttons that you can press with a mouse, or you can just type into the display. The result is sent into a formula node.

I hope that this helps,
Bob Young
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,160 Views)
Hello,

Here is a nice calculator example built in LabVIEW.  You will need LabVIEW 8.5 to view it.  Check it out!

Regards,
Erik J.
Message 4 of 7
(8,755 Views)

Hai,

This calculator vi is facing some problem to open. I have attached the error code. Kindly do the needful.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 5 of 7
(8,571 Views)

Hi mathan,

It looks like you edited a subvi and you just need to right click on it and select re-link to sub vi.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,568 Views)

Hai,

Am sorry. Actually i opened it directly from zip file. That's why i got that problem. But now after extracting the zip file into a folder, everything works fine now. Great work in building that calculator.

Thanks for the support,

Mathan

Message 7 of 7
(8,557 Views)