LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

play waveform graph problem

hello,
what i have is a waveform graph and i would like to play the waveform using the play waveform express vi.  my problem is the data type i am wiring into the express vi is not compatiable.  i understand the error, i just am not sure how to make it compatiable.

you may ask why i don't just use the correct waveform graph.  the answer is that this waveform graph i have now is the result of filtering, fft, and ifft calculations and would like to get this graph to work and not change my previous work.

thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,509 Views)
You need to unbundle the cluster that you have and then wire it to a Build Waveform function. The only things you need for the Build Waveform are the dt and the Y array.
Message 2 of 4
(2,500 Views)
Hi,

I think what you need to do is use the Build Waveform VI on the waveform palette. This 'bundles' the dt and Y array of values into the waveform data type which the graph and Express VI(s) will accept.

I've done this for your data and attached the VI (this one is in LabVIEW 8.0 - let me know if you need it in an earlier version). I can hear the waveform playing on my machine (what IS it?? Smiley Happy  )

For future reference, there are also 'From DDT' and 'To DDT' VIs on the Express->Signal Manipulation palette which can convert the Dynamic Data Type (the dark blue wire that goes into and comes out of the Express VIs) into waveforms, single numerics etc.... These may be useful if you want to work with Express VIs for analysis in future.

Hope this is what you were after.

Best wishes,

Mark Lee
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 3 of 4
(2,495 Views)
thank you
that worked
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,491 Views)