LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build application broken. Errors 102208, 302208

I have a large application in LabVIEW 8.5 that runs with Compact FieldPoint RT based network variables. The application runs in the development environment. When built without debugging enabled I get error 1502 from the build. Enabling debugging allows the build to complete but when the executable is started it has a broken run arrow and a dialog box with a long string of eight instances of error 102208 and one instance of error 302208. The application relies heavily on LabVIEW classes, part of which were started under 8.2.1 but ported to 8.5 without warnings.

Any ideas on how to identify the problem vis out of the hundreds in the project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,111 Views)
Since you mentioned you were dealing with hardware and classes, perhaps this issue is related - http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6449#4CG9B3J1%20by%20Category
George M
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(4,106 Views)

Did you ever resolve this?  I have the same issue.  It seems to be related to classes.  When the program starts it asks me where the object references are.

John

Message 3 of 4
(3,718 Views)

Based upon additional experience with other projects, I have concluded that the problem does not relate to RT on cFP or network variables. The problem seems to lie in where the destination for class files is specified in the build. The classes "Source File Settings" destination cannot be the default "Same as caller." What has worked for me is to establish a separate destination for each class in the "Destinations" build step, then assign the files for each class to its destination directory in the "Source File Settings" step. This is made easier by putting each class' files into a virtual folder in the project. Then, in "Source File Settings", the folder can be assigned to the destination.

I also encountered this problem also when I had class files under a LabVIEW project library, but at the same time I was trying to get the destinations set up, so the project library might work OK. It does create very long names since vi in a class has both the library name and the class name prepended.

This experience is with LabVIEW 8.5 and 8.5.1.

Message 4 of 4
(3,694 Views)