LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator reverts to default after set control value

Sorry.   Tried to put a tab in my message, then pushed space twice and apparently posted this a couple times....

I've noticed that if I try to programatically set the value of an indicator (which is in the connector pane) using the Set Control Value method it reverts back to its default value once the VI is finished executing.  If it's not in the connector pane I don't have this problem.  If I use Set Control Value, then read from a local variable of the indicator to set the indicator I also get no problem.  Why is this?  I've attached two block diagram images below showing what I did. 
  I'm interested in this because I'm trying to write a subvi that retrieves and stores a bunch of global values from a config file.  The easiest way to do this seemed to me to use the OpenG vi that reads and writes the front panel controls to a config file (since some of my controls I wish to save are complicated).  It didn't seem to work unless I added the second step of using the local variable to update the indicator. 

Message Edited by Phamton on 11-21-2007 05:30 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,306 Views)
Discussion of this thread has moved to here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,253 Views)