LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a new ROW into Excel Worksheet

Thanks in advance for reading this message!

I am working on a Labview 8.2 application that runs tests on a production line motor tester. Every time a test runs the results are written to an excel spreadsheet starting at row 18 in an Excel worksheet. For example, test 1 results go on Row 18, test 2 Row 19, etc. In the template I am required to use, Row 20-24 has statistical calculations to analyze the column data between row 18 and the last row created. I cannot edit the Template.

I am successfully writing my test data to Row 18. But when I run the second test the data will over-write the firt row of cells with the calculations. So, I need to insert a new row on Row 19 instead of over-writing the Row. I have searched the examples and forums and although I found where a user asked the same question, they did not get a valid answer.

FYI, I am using Active X  "Write Table to VI" Example I found on the forum.
Thanks again!
B Myers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,862 Views)
This is not a trivial task just set the row to the next number. Will send you an example on monday when I get to a machine that has LV on it.
In the mean time have a look at the excel board for the toolkit that put up there it has some good VI's in it.

For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,850 Views)
I greatly appreciate the help.

Before you send the example, please understand that I can write to any row in the spread sheet with no problems. My problem is that I must INSERT a new ROW, not just increment my row counter. If I don't insert a new row, the statistical calculations will be overwritten with test data as I increment the row and write the results.

Thanks again,

B Myers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,845 Views)
here is an example of the code. I modified the write table to excel example. It needs to close the references correctly befoe it shoud be used for primetime. Let me know if it works.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 4 of 7
(8,823 Views)
Excellent!!! This worked great once I modified it for my app.

Thank you very much, you are an asset to this community!

B Myers
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,807 Views)

Thank you

Glad to help.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 6 of 7
(8,804 Views)
Hi Im need to insert a Row but between 2 rows, but I dont know how to do that?, I tried to check dte attached file, but, I couldnt open it because I am working with 7.1 LabView version. Could you send me the code for that version?  Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,286 Views)