cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling eurotherm 2404 using El Bisync protocol

hi all
I have few question
I would like to control a eurotherm 2404 using LabVIEW 6.1
-I tray to communicate with hyperteminal but I can't although I tray a sample program called es220 and it run successefully using the El Bisync protocol.
the problem is that the driver work only with Modbus protocol
and this error message is returned when I run this driver:
"VISA Flush I/O Buffer in ET24XX Utility MODBUS RTU Send Message.vi
->ET24XX Utility Read From Register.vi
->ET24XX Read Rate Limit Status.vi"
Is it possible to modify this driver to one working with the El bisync protocol or where can i find a driver using this protocol.
Is it easy to replace the communication unit of the Eurotherm with one with Modbus
- The itools software can't run the message is "none divice detected"
 This is what written on divice for more information:
" H/W:2404/CM/VH/H7/XX/XX
RF/XX/AE/XX/FRA/
XXXXX/XXXXXX/
Cfg:K/-200/1200/C/XX/XX
opt:XX/XX/XX/XX/XX
SN: FR86403-001-001-06-05
C/R:175211
C/P:2404#283672"
thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,521 Views)

Please post your question in only one message.

You can configure the comms in the 2404 to use either Modbus or Bisync.  You need to be in configuration mode and get to the HA module and change it to Modbus.

iTools will only communicate using the Modbus protocol.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,523 Views)
Perhaps the attached example will get you off the ground......

Eurotherm Ei-bisync example.

It's in LabVIEW 6.1, don't forget to change the communication parameters (baud etc) to match those on your controller.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,513 Views)

Hello all

I thank you for reply

I was able to comminicate with the 2404 eurotherm using Modbus Protocol

i can run the the drivers for Labview  6.1 but can't run itools

I have a problem when runnig the Temperature Control and Monitoring Example.vi, It retun an error message concerning the configuration

of the PID although a configurated it ( see attached files)

The ET24XX Process Value Monitoring Example.vi is runnig without error,

I have a problem when changing the set point value ether directly from the eurotherm ( it display - - - - ) or from the ET24XX  Configure OP Setpoint Value.vi witch return the same error like Temperature Control and Monitoring Example.vi

thank you for advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,482 Views)
this is the attached file
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,477 Views)
That usually means that you are trying to change the setpoint when a program is running.  You must put the program into hold, or reset it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,471 Views)

I just received a new Eurotherm 2404 and I've never worked with one before.  When in configuration mode and going to HA, I get the id of "none" and when pushing the up and down arrows I only get "----" instead of being able to change the option to MODBUS.

Any suggestions from the experts, or even someone who has successfully done this before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,844 Views)

It appears that you don't have a comms module installed.  They are optional.  The code on the sticker should reflect what modules are installed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,842 Views)

That was the problem, thank you so much for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,838 Views)

Hello, Now I have the same problem. I want to use Labview to control Eurotherm pc3000 using Ei Bisynch in itools opc server. I try to create some tags in itools opc server for the inputs or outputs which are in pc3000. But I don't know how to set the address for thess tags.  Have you solved your problem. Could you help me ? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,810 Views)