LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel freeze panes

Hi

I'm using ActiveX to create an excel spreadsheet and fill it with data. Is it possible to use the excel freeze panes command from Labview and if so how ? I want to keep the column/row headings in sight so I was hoping to use freeze panes which I could setup straight after the wroksheet is created. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,587 Views)
Hi Dave,

have a look at the attachment
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,581 Views)
In addition a great way to discover such things is to create a Macro with Excel, read it's code and try to rebuild it with LabVIEW. But be prepared to deep dig in ActiveX and the report generation toolkit!

Ton

PS you need to have the toolkit to run my previous VI!!!!
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,580 Views)
All I can say is WOW!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,574 Views)

Hi Ton

Thanks for that.

I'm running 7.1 and can't seem to get the Vi to work in the same way as excel does it. I can freeze the panes, but it introduces a big heavy grey bar in which the contents can be scrolled. I just want to highlight a couple of columns and rows and freeze them. In Excel this produces a thin black line  and panes that cannot be scrolled.

Cheers

Dave 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,549 Views)
Hi Dave

Try this. Its not pretty but hopefully it will work for you. Its based on the shipped example Write Table To Excel so it might be an idea to add the examples directory to your VI Search path so that it picks up the right stuff.

David
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,537 Views)
Hi Dave,

i think you missed the true boolean connected to the split method, this creates the option that you want!

Good luck,

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,520 Views)

Hi David

Thanks for that, now working perfectly.

Cheers

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,504 Views)

Hello, David

what include in the subVI "Row Col To Range Format.vi"?

Thanks,

Eli

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,195 Views)

Dear Eli,

You are posting a followup to discussions almost a decade old!  Consider starting a New Message and asking your own questions.  Among other changes since LabVIEW 7 is the Report Generation Toolkit has been vastly improved (it now uses Report Objects, very cool), making it possible to do a lot of things with Excel Workbooks without ever needing to use ActiveX (and it is pretty fast, as well).

Bob Schor

Message 10 of 10
(4,153 Views)