LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous analog output

I am using PCI-6052 with (LabVIEW) .Where two analog outputs are available ,DAC0 and DAC1.I want to simultanouly output the different waveforms on each Channel at the same time.Time is important.
I tried it with two DAQ assistance vi's setting each channel on each vi ,but at time randomly one vi's gives output not both at the same time.

Thanks
Haider
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,201 Views)
Hello Haider,

It sounds like you are trying to get started with NI-DAQmx and want to output separate signals on the two analog output lines.  The restriction of the hardware is that all of the analog input or output channels must be contained with in the same DAQmx Task.  There are a couple ways to do this. 

If you want to stick with the DAQ Assistant, I searched our KnowledgeBases and found the following example program which does analog output for two channels using the DAQ Assistant. 

If you would like to drill down a little farther and use the lower level DAQmx VI's, I would recommend looking at one of the shipping examples, the format for multiple channels is Devx/AOy:z where x is the device number, y is the starting AO channel, and z is the final AO channel. 

Also, another good reference, especially if you are going to use the lower level VI's is the Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Solve 80% of Data Acquisition Applications Tutorial.  Hopefully, that'll get you going with your program.  Let us know if you have any other questions with either the online example or one of the shipping examples. 

Regards,
Micaela N
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,185 Views)