From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 03/27/2006

This simple nugget should speed up your development.  If you have a large diagram (or panel), you typically need to drag something to another area of the diagram (or panel) that is currently not visible.  To do this, you drag the item to the edge of the window, at which point the window starts scrolling.  Did you know that if you press the Shift key during this scrolling, the window will scroll twice as fast?  The same trick works if you're resizing something (like a diagram structure) and you need to resize it past the visible area of the window.

-D

P.S. - Check out past nuggets here.
Message 1 of 10
(10,198 Views)
I knew this one.  Maybe it's because I have a 17" monitor to program on.

Still, whenever I use it, I wish I had like 30 SHIFT buttons on my keyboard.  Even with shift pressed, the movement always seems too slow.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,172 Views)
Long life to your nuggets Darren, again this week's one is tastefull !

Thank you !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,163 Views)
The ability to split that diagram pane (similar to Excel) would be handy Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,153 Views)
Of course then there's the style guide statement that suggests that diagrams should be limited to fit within a screen. My question is: whose screen (or even better)?  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 03-27-2006 12:57 PM

Message 5 of 10
(10,154 Views)
I totally agree smercurio !
I always fight against people who draw diagram larger than there screens... with such screen I would have so much people to fight against 😉

I think scroll-bars on the diagram should be banned Smiley Tongue !

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(10,143 Views)

I am generally not a fan of the "Just in Time Advise" but how about a whole news style related set.

They should all start with

"You are about to do something stupid, Do you want to continue?"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 10
(10,133 Views)
Ben, methinks this reply is in the wrong thread?  Seems like a non sequitur.
Message 8 of 10
(10,116 Views)

"Ben, methinks this reply is in the wrong thread?  Seems like a non sequitur."

Maybe so. That was my thought after reading Titou suggesting that BD scroll bars are eliminated.

But then again...

I spend most of life in the wrong thread.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-27-2006 01:31 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(10,112 Views)

"I spend most of life in the wrong thread."

Sounds like a priority-inversion issue to me  Smiley Very Happy

Have a good day!

-Khalid

Message 10 of 10
(10,103 Views)