From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Builder Error 8

Hello anybody!

I upgraded my LV 8.0 to 8.0.1 and get Problems by Application Builder.

I done "Mass Compile" of LV8.0 Directory and all of my Projects.

The Error Message is following:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:
Error 8 occurred at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VIs.vi -> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Rule_Editor.vi -> EBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> EBUIP_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  File permission error.
---
NI-488:  DMA hardware error detected.

What is it? Can anybody help me?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,198 Views)

Hi,

i have had a look in our internal Knowledgebases and found a Discussion Forum with the same question and with an solution (workaround) inside.

Hope this helps:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=158187&requireLogin=False

I´ve seen, you also sent an e-mail to the german support team. I will close the e-mail Request as answered in forum.

Alex

NI Switzerland

Message 2 of 4
(4,147 Views)

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't solve my problem. I haven't problems with the .alias file. I use default settings for .alias file.

Any ideas more?

p.s. important information: this error occures only if Subversion & Tortoise are installed.

Message Edited by Eugen Graf on 02-06-2007 04:46 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,988 Views)
Please see here for probably solution:

thanks, Eugen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,967 Views)