From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linker.cpp line 1926

After building an executable of my application the program crashes when calling vi's (or vi templates) programatically (Via open vi reference). The error message is: linker.cpp line 1926. Can anybody help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,107 Views)
Are you using LV 7.0? In this case this problem might be caused by a bug in the LV 7.0 runtime engine when calling templates that contain express vis. The easiest workaround would be to upgrade to LV 7.1.1. If this is not possible for some reason here are some more potential workarounds:

1. Take all the express VIs that are inside the template VI and turn them into static subVIs. You can do this by right-clicking on the express VI and selecting "Open Front Panel"; then save the express VI as a normal subVI.
  2. Build the entire application into a single executable, which will force all of the express VIs to get compiled as static subVIs.
  3. Don't use the runtime engine at all and always run your application in development mode.
I hope that helps,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,099 Views)