LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save a report (or text file) in pdf format?

Hi,
I like to save a kind of log file in a non changeable format like pdf.
I'm using the DSC module under LabVIEW are there some possibilities?
Or is there a chance to save text file into a postscript file?

Thanks for help,
martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,077 Views)
Hallo Martin,

to be able to write to a PDF file you need some extra software that is able to create those files.
Most of those programs are installing themselves as printer drivers, so if you want to wrate a table into a pdf file you will have to create a report and print it. LabVIEW insrtalls a couple of exaples regarding report generation, online I found an example for "printing" the frontpanel screen into a PDF.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3DF2556A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52084&p_source=External
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,060 Views)
Have you considered HTML? It is an open, widely used, easily available format that is supported by LabVIEW. A not-supported-by-LabVIEW variant of this is the OpenOffice format (compressed XML). It also is a published standard with easy reader availability to everyone. It would be straightforward to support a limited subset of it, although a huge job to support all of it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,052 Views)
You want a nonchangeable document. Be carefull which pdf printer driver you use. The one we are using will create changable documents. Every person who has Adobe Acrobat can change the documents created by this pdf printer driver. And I don't know if it is possible to automate the printing. The driver needs to know the path where to store and name of the document.
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,047 Views)