Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect post count in profile? Or am I crazy?

Solved!
Go to solution

So, after checking out Ravens' compilation of the new member rank bars, I got to thinking to myself this morning, "Where do I stand?" I took a look at my profile and saw that I had posted 103 messages - 20 original posts and 83 replies. "OK, cool, I guess I don't waste as much time on the boards as I thought I did."

Later this evening, it hit me, that can't be right. So I tried another method: Advanced Message Search with no fields populated but my name as the poster. 545 total messages returned. And another method confirmed, the "Jack Tracker", had about 11 full pages of 50posts/page. "Uhh... so I do waste quite a bit of time on the boards." That's about right, since I became active on the Idea Exchange June 2009, I have averaged about 2posts/day.

So, where did those 442 messages go?

JackTraker.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackDunaway

You've had a lot of messages in the Ideas Exchange.  Search on any messages you posted, but only in the ideas exchange.

For some reason, those post don't show up in your total count.  It can actually fool you because when you start getting close to the next rank, you start watching more closely, but you wind up hitting the rank sooner than you expected because those Ideas posts count in your rank, but don't show up on your profile.

So, yes, you actually have been wasting as much time as you thought. Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-14-2010 01:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,233 Views)

Aha. When I search for posts by me only in the Idea Exchange, I get 445 results. That's close enough for me. I did some more searching and found muks' confusion the same as mine. Laura confirmed this undesirable behavior requested to Lithium. So, any news Laura?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,223 Views)

Hi Jack,

No, there is no update on this unfortunately.  I did just go and update my suggestion to Lithium to make sure they are aware that this is still important to us.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,196 Views)
Laura, you are Lithium's customer, and I'm your customer. Would customer's customer pressure on Lithium help our bug/feature requests? There are many who will read this post, who, like me, would help gang up for you on requests that are important to us. (I was recently made aware that Lithium has an Idea Exchange.) Your lead.
Message 5 of 7
(7,194 Views)

Hi Jack,

Lithium's idea exchange is meant to be a place for their customers can submit feedback that we get from each of our communities.  I am active in their idea exchange and submit the ideas that come out of our community and vote for other ideas that I think would benefit us.  Because of the smaller nature of their idea exchange I don't think sending our community members to vote would be looked upon favorably.  However if I notice that starts happening with end users of other communities I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

Laura

Message 6 of 7
(7,172 Views)

Laura F. wrote:

...I don't think sending our community members to vote would be looked upon favorably.  However if I notice that starts happening...

...you know where to find us. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,166 Views)