FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reset FPoint modules programatically

I use LabView (Windows 2000) to controll several FP1001 modules in an experimental setup. They are used to collect data from a number of AI and Temp modules as well as set analogue parameters via AO modules. Now and then during the experiment these modules start sending wrong or intermitent data values. Probably strong noise present is affecting them. When this happens I have to stop the experiment, exit LAbView, run MAX and reset each module. Then I restart the Labview application and they work normally again.
Question
Is there any way to reset the network modules from LabView, programmatically?
Thanks
Luis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,439 Views)
Luis,

You can use the Optomux commands to reset the FP-1001 programmatically. The supported Optomux commands are described in the FP-1000/1001 Programmer Reference Manaul. There is a FieldPoint LabVIEW Optomux library, although it is only installed by default if you have LabVIEW RT installed. Otherwise, you will need to re-install NI FieldPoint and choose Custom installation. Select the LabVIEW FieldPoint Optomux support during the custom installation.

The correct command to reset the module is the !Z Reset.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,439 Views)
Hi Aaron
Thanks for the advice but I could not use it yet.
I tried to change and reinstall both LabView and Fielpoint drivers I can't find the LabVIEW FieldPoint Optomux library in the options. (LabView 6i and Field Point 3.0)
Then I tried to communicate with the FP modules using VISA serial and the optomux syntax but nothing yet. Is there any example code that I could have a look for this?
Thanks for the help
Luis
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,439 Views)
Luis,

The FieldPoint Optomux VIs are on the NI ftp site at ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fieldpoint/LVFPOpto/ .
There are two llbs in this folder, one for the standard optomux commands and one for the extended optomux commands.

Regards,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,439 Views)