Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVIS II+ Detection

When I connect the NI ELVIS II+ to the computer and turn it on, the USB active LED turns on and remains orange. The computer does not detect the device, and the ready LED does not turn on. The power supplies all still work. I have connected other NI ELVIS II+ to this same computer, and they work fine. I have also connected this ELVIS II+ to multiple computer that have working ELVIS II+, and the same problem occurs. I am unsure how to go about determining the problem at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,932 Views)

Have you installed the ELVISmx/DAQmx drivers (see links below)?

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1047/lang/en

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3811/lang/en

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,905 Views)

I'm assuming so, because a different ELVIS II+ works on this exact same computer. I've also tried this one on different computers with working ELVIS II+. However, I will check to make sure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,897 Views)

If identical boards work on the same computer then it sounds like a hardware problem with the board.  Are any of the lights active/is there any recognition by the computer when you plug in the USB connection (i.e. any unidentified items in device manager)?

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,885 Views)

I assumed it was a hardware problem. I was hoping maybe someone else had experienced it, and that it was fixable. There are two lights that come on when connected and turned on. The first is orange, when it turns green the other led comes on. When both LED's turn on, the computer usually displays that it has detected the device. The first LED remains orange however.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,883 Views)

Dear Sir,

I am facing same problem I have total 5 boards all 4 are working fine but 1 is not working its ready LED remains off and Active led remains on. Sir how this problems can be resolved Please guide and send some recommendation. 

Thanks 

Mubarak Ali 

Applications Engineer

hmmubarakali@gmail.com

Message 6 of 7
(6,525 Views)

Hello Mubarak,

This is an older thread, so it will not get as much viewership as a new thread.  Can you please create a new thread?

When you create the new post please make sure to emphasize exactly what models and driver versions you are using.

Thanks,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,506 Views)