Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to server when installing LV

I am attempting to manage a labview volume license server.  I have installed VLM 3.1 and transferred the license and a back up of the old server.  I have crated an installer for the client PCs.  When I attempt an installation on a client PC I get an error message stating that the client can not connect to the license server.

I am able to log on to the server remotely and I can ping the server over the network.  I have tried to build the installer on a network drive and on the server PC.  I get the same error message.  I have also tried to build the installer using the server name and the IP address of the server.

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction?  I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks

Guy

NA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,255 Views)

Hi Guy,

I had the same problem. I was able to ping the license server and to connect to it with Telnet from the client but if I called the volume license installer built setup.exe, I got the error message that the connection to the license server is not possible.

In the VLM settings no communications port was entered. After entering a communication port (default 4637) and building a new volume license installer, the license server can be accessed from the setup.exe.

Andi

Andi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,083 Views)