From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to run .csv sequence using labview

I have sequence file that runs .csv with parameters.

I am trying to use labview to lunch .csv sequence.

All example that I found show that I need to load each channel with data first before running sequence.

My understanding is, .csv file sequence already does it all, so I would like to skip step where I need to read .csv file and load data to channels.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,231 Views)

Hi Rus_K,

It sounds like you are building a sequence using the Stimulus Profile Editor and want to launch it from LabVIEW. Is that correct?

What examples have you seen that load the .csv file and data channels? I would recommend viewing the Stimulus Profile palette in LabVIEW under VeriStand >> Execution. Can you call the sequence with these functions.

Thanks,

Andy

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,193 Views)

Hi Andy,

It is correct. I already  have .csv sequence in profile editor. BUt, no I have to lunch it manually. It creates to much time delay for me.

So, I am trying to automate it using labview, and then I though I can create model from .vi file and run it as part of VeriStand. 

The only sequences functions I found were required to write data to each channel in sequence. I guess, I can read .csv file first and then load data to specific channels.

The faster way for me would be just to run .csv file as profile editor does, since all channels already mapped.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,191 Views)

Hi Rus_K,

You should be able to use the Open a Stimulus Profile Session VI and the Deploy Stimulus Profile Session VI to open and deploy a Stimulus Profile.

You can create models from VIs in LabVIEW, however you will not be able to deploy a stimulus profile through a model that is called in VeriStand. The purpose of the Stimulus Profile LabVIEW API is to deploy the session from LabVIEW.

Creating Models in NI LabVIEW for Use in NI VeriStand: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/12785/en/

Thanks,

Andy

Applications Engineer

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,176 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for clarifying. I was hooping I can save .vi file that calls profile, but the only way I know how to run .vi from VeriStand is to convert it to model.

Can you give me any advice how to lunch .csv sequence at specific condition during simulation?

I am trying to stay away from TestStand if I can.

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,169 Views)

I'm assuming you have watched the Performing CSV File Playback Using the NI VeriStand Stimulus Profile Editor. Also the Controlling NI VeriStand Projects with the Stimulus Profile Editor may be helpful. You can deploy VeriStand Projects from the Stimulus Profile Editor.

Why don't you run the project from the Stimulus Profile Editor and then poll for a value to tell you when to call the .csv?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,161 Views)

Hi Andy,

Yes, I watched the first video ( Performing CSV file playback). It is what I am doing right now.

Here is the steps I do now:

1. I deploy the code to real time system (PXI)

2. Start simulation.  In my case I use CarMaker to simulate vehicle response.

3. When sim start and gets to specific point, I run stimulus profile to playback .csv file.

My issue is, by the time I click Play button to start playback, it is already to mach difference between simulation and the data I am trying to force.

I am trying to automate this process. My thinking was to have labview to call stimulus profile to play csv file. But, this seems not the option for me, since .vi as a model cannot call veristand.

Maybe second option, to use profile to run everything could be the option.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,158 Views)

Hi Rus_K,

You might be able to call and run Stimulus Profiles from LabVIEW (see this thread), but using the Stimulus Profile Editor to run everything is likely the more robust option. It sounds like you're already familiar with the CSV example and video, but this Help Documentation may be relevant as well. Another option might be to set a condition to run the Stimulus Profile that is triggered by some Alarm-tripped procedure. I believe this forum thread talks more about the latter option.

Message 8 of 8
(3,137 Views)