Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not search CRIO 9074 in Labview Project.

hi, I am using CRIO 9074 with labview RT 10.0 and labview 2010. While I connect CRIO 9074 with Host PC(Windows 7), I can find CRIO target in MAX, and I can also ping to the CRIO target sucessfull. However, when I am creating a CRIO project in Labview, I cannot search any CRIO target in the project. Is there anybody can help me to solve this problem ? Thanks~~

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(11,801 Views)

Have you ever installed the software (Labview RT) required in RT target?

Best Regards,
Tao Hou
NISH
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(11,796 Views)

Here is a KB to describe partially what may be going on. It may be that you do not have RT installed on your computer (therefore you wouldn't be even able to add simulated targets to your LV project) or you may just not have the correct version of RIO on your controller and PC .

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(11,785 Views)

I am having the same problem as the original poster - Max can see the cRIO-9074, but the hardware doesn not show up when I look for NEW targets or devices in a new project.  If you look at the attached screen image, it would appear all the necessary software has been loaded on the unit.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(11,092 Views)

Once i had the same problem.But i solved .Try the following

1) Disable windows firewall/Antivirus firewall settings

2) Disable/Uninstall Antivirus programs

3) Use compatible antivirus programs

I used Mc afee, and till now does't create any problem. Check the compatibility of the hardware and version of LabVIEW software. To know the compatiblity click the link

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/devzone/tut/crio_software_versions.htm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(11,056 Views)

I uninstalled all the software on the target, and reinstalled the recommended "NI-RIO 12.0 with NI Scan Engine support - August 2012".

No joy - I still cannot see the target to add to a project.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(11,032 Views)

I am experiencing a similar problem. The cRIO aapears in MAX, but not in LabVIEW when I try to add the target.

I have installed LabVIEW 2013 (32-bit) and the FPGA, RT, and RIO modules. I have tried following all of the posts and articles about this issue and have re-installed everything multiple times.
I am using Windows 8 with a crossover cable to a cRIO-9073.

NIMAX.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,847 Views)

I downloaded & installed “NI-RIO Device Drivers February 2013”.  Project now sees my cRIO chassis.

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,843 Views)

I figured it out.

In MAX, I needed to tell the RIO service to start.

juststartit.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,840 Views)

Uninstallation  and reinstallation of labview mostly does't solve the problem. Format C drive try a clean installation of Windows and Labview. Try formating target and install RIO or boot compact RIO in safe mode

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,759 Views)

you are right.          i download NIRIO130 and did it

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(1,614 Views)