From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect Data from 30 Thermocouples

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the Ni 9214 which I use to connect 10 thermocouples.

The Ni 9214 can collect data from up to 16 TCs but I need to collect data from up to 30 thermocouples

I thought about purchasing another Ni 9214 but I'm not sure that would work, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,489 Views)

Assuming that the first module does what you want with the first 10 (and later 15), what makes you concerned a second module wouldn't just double the maximum number of inputs?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MikeM-SA

The 9214 can handle 16 thermocouples.  What chassis are you using?  If you are using a single slot cDAQ chassis, you will want to get one of the 4 slot chassis as well.  Then you can have up to 4*16 = 64 thermocouples in a single chassis with 4 of the 9214 in it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,463 Views)

I have a single slot cDAQ chassis.

thank you very much crossrulz, for your input, I should have realized that getting a 4 slot chassis would suffice

The single slot chassis that I have connects via USB and I use signal express to collect temperature data.

with the cDAQ 9174 I will have all the channels that I need.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,379 Views)