Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When configuring my cDAQ 9188 Ethernet chassis, error 88705 was encountered

Hi,

I'm configuring my cDAQ-9188 Ethernet chassis and I have encountered an error: Error-88705, when configuring the board using NI MAX. On my pc running on Windows 8.1 and using having 2 network cards, I have installed LabVIEW 2014 and than NI-DAQmx9.9 which was upgraded to 14.5. I tried to communicate with the board using both DHCP and static IP but this error still persisted. Furthermore, I've re-installed the NI-DAQmx a couple of time since one of the suggestions was that it might be a software problem. However, the TCP connection is established correctly in both cases (when using static IP or not) since when I'm able to configure the board through NI Network Browser and it works perfectly. Still, through LabVIEW I cannot access the board via the DAQ assist. Moreover, the NI-loader settings were changed according to  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0819391CA91B3EB38625731D00024649?OpenDocument  and the fire was switched off. Kindly find attached relevant screenshots. Do you have any suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Joseph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,377 Views)

Idea #1  Cycle the power on the cDAQ.

Idea #2  Unplug the cDAQ, reboot the computer and then plug the cDAQ back in.

I usually use MAX to setup the cDAQ units.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,337 Views)

Thanks Bryan for your ideas, I've tried both several times but the error still persisted. 

Thanks

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,329 Views)

Has this chassis worked in the past or is it new?

Do you have another computer that you could try with?

Have you tried to disable one of the network cards?  Worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,318 Views)

I have noticed that this thread is a duplicate one, so please use only one of the threads.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/When-configuring-my-cDAQ-9188-Ethernet-chassis-error-88705...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,311 Views)

Good morning,

Has this chassis worked in the past or is it new?

-> both the pc and the chassis are brand new 

Do you have another computer that you could try with?

-> Not yet because the DAQ board is not mine

Have you tried to disable one of the network cards?  Worth a shot.

I have disabled the other NIC still I did not manage to solve the problem 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,271 Views)