From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using PCI-7344 with matlab

Dear all,
I want to use a motion controller card NI PCI-7344 integrated into matlab R2007a (Version 7.4.0.287) to build up my system, and just want to develop several simple control methods to my system, such as PID, sliding-mode, etc using manual command, AND/OR using SIMULINK, AND/OR using xPC-target of Matlab. My problem is, this NI PCI 7344 is not supported by matlab (not compatible). Does anyone have the solution? is there anyone here can help me? How to use PCI-7344 into matlab? Thanks for your advices, kind help and attention before.
regards,
matlabers
- hnd -

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,272 Views)

Hi wongndeso,

To communicate with the PCI - 7344 you need the NI-Motion driver, which contains dll's that you can call from any text-based language.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,254 Views)

Dear Olivia,

I've already installed LabView on my PC incl. NI-Motion and Motion Assistant. Which "filename.dll" that I can use to be called from matlab? And where do I have to put that file into matlab's files directory? I use LabView 8.5.1, and Matlab R2007a.

Thanks for your kind help and assistance.

Warm regards,

hendro (a.k.a wongndeso)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,226 Views)

Hi hendro,

In C++ you can do this by including the nimotion.lib and FlexMS32.lib when compiling and including the neccessary *.h files at the beginning of the program. (For example, at the top of the program, you'd type #include "Flexmotn.h" if you were using the function flex_load_rpm).

In Visual Basic you would include the line Private Declare Sub nimotion Lib "Location of dll" if you wanted to include a dll.

You would likely need a similar command in MatLab. Unfortunately, since this is a forum for National Instruments products, I do not know what that is.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,197 Views)