From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get software to recognize PCI-7344 board

I have a PCI-7344 control board. Computer is running WinXP and it previously found the card.

The OS correctly finds cards 6503 and 6703, and the drivers are applied. 

Suggestions?  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled LV/CVI 7.0 several times. 

Previously it was working. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,763 Views)

The 6503 and 6703 are multifunction data acquisition boards that are supported by the NI-DAQmx driver. The PCI-7344 is a motion control board that requires the NI-Motion driver software. Installing/reinstalling LV or CVI doesn't necessarily install NI-Motion. Please download and install the latest NI-Motion driver here.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,752 Views)

Yes, I realize we need a NI-Motion driver. Sorry if that was not clear. 

The problem actually began with recommendation to "upgrade" from NI-Motion6.1 to 7.6.

After I did that I found that LV/CVI 7.0 would not work. 

After a huge hassle and with NI telling me I needed to purchase 7.1 I finally got upgraded. 

That is when I found that the custom software developed with 7.0 would not run or compile with 7.1!!!

Because I have two motion control systems (PC with 7344 and MID7654 controlling 3 axis servo system) I decided it was best to 

return to the previous setup  which has NI-Motion 6.1 

After un-installing all NI software I now find that I cannot get the system to recognize the PCI-7344 board. I have tried installing software before and after installing the card and neither way seems to work. 

Can anyone explain why this might be happening and a solution? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,744 Views)
Is the card being recognized by the OS in Device Manager or is just not showing up in MAX?  If it's not showing up in Device Manager, try putting the card in a different PCI slot.
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,740 Views)

The board is not recognized by either the Device Manager or MAX.

I have previously tried changing to different PCI slots and just tried again.

Unfortunately it is still "No cigar."

Is it possible there is some reference to the board existing somewhere in the OS due to the previous CVI installations??  Is there any way to force MAX to look for the board??  
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,735 Views)
If the board is not detected by the OS I would not expect it to be recognized by MAX.  Can you try installing the driver and board on another computer to rule out the board as the issue?
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,709 Views)

Hi,

I have a PCI 7344 istalled on a very old (windows 98) system,

I want to install it in a newer DELL machine running windows XP, is this just a case of installing the card and updating drivers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,578 Views)

Hi Martin,

Yes it is that simple you will want to download NI-Motion for your motion card. You can download it here

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,564 Views)