Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Yaskawa Sigma II Servo Drive (SGDH) to PCI-7344 and UMI-7774

Hi,

I have  NI PCI-7344 and UMI-7774 and i want to

Connect the UMI-7774 to Yaskawa Sigma II Servo Drive (SGDH) , the servo motor drive is connected to the servo motor with original Yaskawa cables.

1.  do you know if National instruments provide special cables to connect the UMI-7774 to the Yaskawa Sigma II Servo Drive (SGDH) ?

i know there is special cable to connect this servo drive to the NI PCI-7390

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5908  

(you can find in this link that this cable exist: 50 Pin cable for connecting MCA-7790Y to Yaskawa Sigma II Servo Amplifier)

but this is not the case here, i need to connect the Servo Drive to the UMI-7774..

2. Where can i find a tutorial on how to configure the PCI-7344 in MAX to send simple commands to the Servo Drive

i.e.  to run the servo motor from position A to position B (10,000 encoder pulses)

i'll be gratefull for any help

Regards

Moti

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,667 Views)

Hi MotiM,

We do not have a cable that will let you directly connect the UMI-7774 to a Yaskawa Drive.  We do sell cables that will have the Dsub connector to match the UMI-7774 with pigtails to wire to the drive.  If you take a look at the product page for the UMI-7774 you can see the different cables listed under the accessories.

To perform a simple move in Measurement and Automation (MAX) is very simple.  In MAX under NI-Motion select your PCI-7344. Under this section select the settings option (by default it will be called Default 7340 settings).  Select the Servo radio button.  Initialize your controller.  Then you can select Interactive and 1-D Interactive and command your motor from there.  I have attached an image with the important areas highlighted for you. 

Message Edited by Adam_H on 09-19-2008 03:41 PM
Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,649 Views)

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your reply.

i'll read the hole manual and learn how to configure it.

Thank you.

Moti

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,639 Views)