Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MID-7604 limits and inhibits

Good Afternoon,

I have had an open loop stepper system working for the past couple of years.  It recently stopped working. I cannot get any motors to move.  Inhibits LED #1 is always lit and the other three Inhibits LEDs are always dark.  I have removed all connections from the back of the MID-7604 except for the AC power and the NI cable connecting to the 7344 PCI board.  After initialization, Limits LED #1 is lit and the other three Limits LEDs are dark.  I am using the MAX default open loop stepper configuration.  When using the 1D interactive tool in MAX I am seeing the following behavior:

Axis #4 Kill --- Limits LED #2 Lit

Axis #4 Start --- Limits LED #2 Dark

Axis #3 Kill --- Limits LED #3 Lit

Axis #3 Start --- Limits LED #3 Dark

Axis #2 Kill --- Limits LED #4 Lit

Axis #2 Start --- Limits LED #4 Dark

Axis #1 Kill --- No change

Axis #1 Start --- No change

Limits LED #1 always remains lit.  Again, Inhibits LED #1 is always lit and the other three Inhibits LEDs are always dark regardless of any commands of any axis to kill or start.

I have tried a spare 7344 PCI board with no change.  Does this look like a defective MID-7604 and is there some other way to verify that?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,827 Views)

Hi edlad,

This sounds like a bad drive to me.  I would suggest giving NI a call.  We should be able to set up an RMA for you.  You can reach us by calling 1-866-275-6964.

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,801 Views)