Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Help: Single Axis Repeated Movement

Hi there - I have a (hopefully) simple question about creating a VI with NI Motion to help me control a stepper motor.

I have an NI 7334 Motion Controller box attached to a simple stepper motor. I've already used MAX to make sure that it works correctly, and I've already made a simple one-axis motion vi based off of the examples provided within the FlexMotion pack. My current predicament is in trying to code a VI that performs a cyclic movement (forward to max length, stop, reverse to minimum length). I can't seem to find a way to just make the motor go forward without any position input (essentially, I want three "operating states": on and extending, off, on and reversing). Right now, the only way I can do that is to have the stepper move to a position well outside its highest step.

I'm not a LabView expert, so any and all help on this will be appericated!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,465 Views)
Imran,

you should use the "Set Operation Mode.flx" vi to configure your axis to operate in Velocity Mode. In this mode you don't need to specify a target position and the axis will keep turning until you send the stop command.

I hope this helps,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,453 Views)
Thanks for the help Jochen, it worked out perfectly!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,348 Views)