From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stepper motor control - missing MG17Motor ActiveX object

Hello,

I am trying to contrl Thorlabs TDC 001 using LabView 9 SP1. Whe I follow the tutorial to create an ActiveX control(http://www.thorlabs.com/images/TabImages/GuideToLabVIEWandAPT.pdf), I can't find the MG17Motor option even though I have installed Thorlabs APT.

Does aanyone kknow how to solve this?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,619 Views)

I think it's a problem with registering *.ocx files in Windows 7 (64-bit). Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,614 Views)

Hi notimperial,

Some Active X controls are specifically written for 32 bit machines. It is worth checking with Thorlabs whether you can run these on a 64 bit machines.

Have you tried it on any other machine with different specs? Did this make a difference?

Regards,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
Message 3 of 9
(9,592 Views)

Hello,
I used attached Labview code to manage stepper motor control (TDC001 Thorlabs) to translate a sample in my setup, but since some time I obtain an error constantly (attached log). This translation system still works properly with thorlabs software, it also worked with this code, therefore I am really confused why such an error occurs. I just got started with Labview and programme wasn't created by me, so maybe someone explain what is wrong.
Thank you in advance, Vasili

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,567 Views)

Hi,

Please use a new thread for this post as it is a new issue.

Thanks

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,565 Views)

I think there is a misprint in the Thor guide. It says look for MG17Motor but actually the example then shows using MGmotor.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,271 Views)

Hello,

I have NRT 150 stepper motor and BSC203 stepper motor controller from Thorlabs. I could control the motor using ActiveX and invoking MG17Motor ActiveX. But ActiveX gives very little freedom (changing step size, halt time etc). So if any one have written a VI for this, please share with me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,882 Views)

hello

i am hadi(akbari) .i have started work  on labview from 15 years ago.

i want to do labview important

project.

can help me to this.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,501 Views)

can you share your VI? I have the same hardware and a PC 64wits with LV 32 bits, but i cant access to the BSC 203

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,744 Views)