Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination of Galil DMC4040 with PCI6036E

I have a system as below:

1. NI DAQ card: PCI 6036E

2. Galil DMC 4040 motion controller and four motors

3. PC with Windows XP system

I have program written with LabView. This program can control data collection and motor moving at the same time. This program works well with our old system which is listed below:

1. NI DAQ card: PCI 6036E

2. Galil DMC 1800 motion controller and four motors

3. PC with Windows 2000 system

The problem is:

1. Before I use measurement&automation to config virtual channels, there is a error 10001 occurred at AO group config. But, I can use my LabView program to control motors.

2. I copy the old config from our old system to the new one. The error 10001 is gone. My program can read in sensors signals. But, the motors are shut down and cannot move.

3. When I delete the config from measurement&automation, error10001 shows again. But, I can again control my motors.

The solution I tried:

1. I input the config in measurement&automation by hand but is the same with old one.

2. I reset controller IP address.

But neither works.

The reason I suppose:

1. Old system has PCI DAQ card and PCI controller. But new system has PCI DAQ card and Ethernet controller. So the change of communication method is the only difference. 

2. Config of the virtual channel shouldn't be the same probably?

This has been bothered me for a long time. Does anyone can generously give me some advice please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,406 Views)

Hey RobinX,

First, a few questions:

1.  Which version of LabVIEW are you running?

2.  What version/type of DAQ driver do you have (NI-DAQmx or T-DAQ)?

3.  Is there a channel name that you are referencing that no longer exists?

4.  Are the virtual channel names are consistent with what is in MAX?  Such as "Foo Bar" and "foo_bar". These inputs have to be the same as the channels in MAX.

There is also a knowledge base article that you may want to check out here.  It mentions AI Group Config instead of AO but should shed some insight into what may be going on.   KnowledgeBase articles are a great resource that you can search for from the National Instruments website.  You can search the knowledgebase articles for an error code such as "10001" and you will be able to find articles that have potential solutions.  You can search for KBs from the main www.ni.com website or click on support >> KnowledgeBase from the main site.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,397 Views)

Hi  Jake

My system is as below:  

CVI Runtime 6.0.4

IVI Engine    1.6

LabView 6.0

LabView Runtime 6.0

LabView Runtime 7.0

LabView Runtime 9.0.1

Measurement and Automation Explorer 4.7.1

Traditional NI-DAQ 6.9.3

The only difference between my old system and new one is the Measurement and Automation Explorer. The old one has a version 4.0.0.3010

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,391 Views)

Hey Robin,

Did you try any of the options I suggested?  And since you are running T-DAQ you may want to take a look at Why do I get Error -10007 When Running My Traditional DAQ Application?  I know it isn't error 10001, but if you try creating a T-DAQ virtual channel in LabVIEW, you may get a similar problem.

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,383 Views)

Thank you Jake. The problem is sovled! Thank you for your advices.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,365 Views)