LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9205

NI 9205 limits voltage to my Labiew program. I can put 0-5 volts DC and all my DAQ assist reading are less than .8 volts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,058 Views)
You've programmed it incorrectly or physically wired it wrong. With no information on either, how do you expect anyone to provide an answer. Before doing any coding, did you run the test panel on MAX? Start there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,048 Views)

I wasn't to sure what I was doing -  first time - So I have a pressure transduce 0-500psig output 0-5 volts DC. In IMAX -creat a task and checking it works fine. When I make a simple gauge in LabView with a slope of 100 - runing the program the voltage or signal is limited. For instance I can put 300psig and the Fluke reads 3 volts but the gauge on the program only goes to 215 and stops. I can change the slope, the signal input range from 0 -10volts, plus or minus and it will still limit the output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,028 Views)

1. Give us code to look at

2. Show us how you have it wired up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,021 Views)

So here is the cDAQ and Mod, with the program. take a look

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,012 Views)

Ok, here is the program. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,000 Views)

1. We can't trace your wires.  Give us a schematic.

2. You are using a bunch of custom scales.  It would be useful to know what they looked like.  Also know that the ranges you put in for the channel should be based on the values AFTER the scale.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,979 Views)

At the moment I do not have a schematic because I did not wire the system - I know that the sensor are in the RSE. 4 pressure transducer with 24V in and 0-5 out and 3 flow meter with 12Vin and 0-5 out, a load cell with an amp, and a lvdt. It is simple and strengthforward and working on IMAX.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,949 Views)

Did you try increasing the signal input range as crossrulz indicated? This range refers to the value after the scale (units of psig). I assume you are creating a task in NI MAX and that is what is working correctly. Are you setting up your DAQ Assistant in LabVIEW the same way you set up your Task in NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,915 Views)

Yes, I normaly have no problem with setting up a strength forward slope of table. To me I there is so kind of limiter in the NI9205. I set up the input to +/-10 volts and there was no change.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,862 Views)

The input range should be set to whatever values you are expecting in units of pressure (something like 0-1000 for PT1, 0-5000 for PT2 and PT3, 0-50 for PT4), and not voltage.

If you look at your input range for the thermocouples, you see you have an input range of -328 to 100 degrees F (These are automatically scaled). The same concept applies for your pressure transducers and associated scales (you have a custom scale for these).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(1,045 Views)

Great, thanks I'll do that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(1,040 Views)