From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-entrant Asynchronous VI Launching with Connector Pane Flexibility

Hi all, 

I've been trying to create a program that can be used to launch Multiple Asynchronous VI's.  Fortunately, the Labview Example files have an example for that named "Asynchronous Call and Collect (Using Option 0x40)."  It's a start, but I'd like a more dynamic launcher that isn't restricted by a strict Connector Pane.

In the top half of my example, you can see that (if that code worked) you could launch any VI by just passing the File Path, # of Clones, Input Data, and the names of the Output Data you want.  In actual practice, I had each of these loops in its own SubVI so you could write and read from any Control or Indicator at any time, have delays in between, etc.

However, it doesn't work.  Is there any way to keep track of multiple clones running simultaneously with read/write access to each of those throughout and after Run-Time?

Thanks.
~Andrew Wojtkowksi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,402 Views)

You can run reentrant VIs using the Run VI method. And it doesn't care about connector panes.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,382 Views)