LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ AVI2 Get Info VI

I am trying to witch from IMAQ AVI to IMAQ AVI2

Everything seems to wokr fine up to the point where I retrieve the IMAGE TYPE. 

"IMAQ AVI2 Get Info VI" returns the wrong Image type. See screenshot below.

I created the movie and show here that the saved image has the correct format (see below)

How is this possible? What do I do wrong? With IMAQ AVI 2010 this worked fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,443 Views)

The snapshots:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,434 Views)

Two points.  First, your images were not helpful -- most of the "interesting bits" were cut off.  So I can't tell what you did, nor what the problem is.  Oh, well.  Second, the AVI2 functions are definitely dfferent from their predecessor AVI versions, including having less(!) functionality.  We found things we could no longer do, but didn't encounter frank errors ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,411 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying. I found that the AVI2 is a factor 10 faster in reading frames from a movie! So worthwhile to migrate.

I have no idea what you would like to see. I created an image template with "Grayscale (U8). with with the older version IMAQ AVI that worked fine. What do you need to help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Jeroen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,384 Views)

I was just commenting on the two PNG files you attached when asking "What's wrong?".  My comment was I couldn't see enough in the images to answer your question -- it looked like the images had been squished into a tiny space, or else severely cropped so the parts we needed to see were missing.

As for the increased speed, that's probably why NI rewrote the functions and eliminated the additional features of the original AVI functions.  As I said, the new AVI2 functions work for us, we just regretted losing the additional "hooks" in the originals.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,372 Views)