cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add channels of more than 1 DAQ to 1 task

Hi,

I have a question about adding channels of multi DAQs to 1 task

Let's say I have 3 DAQs on my chassis. Dev1,Dev2,Dev3

Can I add all the AI channels of 3 DAQs to 1 task so I can configure all 3 at the same time and and aquire data concurrently from all 3 from the same task. 

If it is possible then what DAQmx Write setting I should use? N channel N sample?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,940 Views)

I think it depends on the specific DAQ device you are using, I think the higher end devices allow you to acquire from multiple devices in one task (I might be wrong) but on the lower-end devices you must start one task per device (or measurement type).

If you think about it, the timing/acquisition rates possible might be different on each device and the DAQmx driver would need to be able to collate all the results together from different devices.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,893 Views)

Hi Sam

Thank you for your response

The DAQs  I am using are all the same and they are PXI 6259. Do you know if I can group all teh channels to one task?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,848 Views)

Any help is really appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,778 Views)

If you type the names of each device into a control, what error does it give you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,757 Views)

Nope, that board will not let you put all three cards into a single task.  I've had to use multiple tasks, one for each card, on a similar card (same family).  X Series cards will allow multiple cards to be in a single task.  M Series does not.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,736 Views)