LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx folder not detected in MAX

I currenlty using labview 8.6, installed from NI developer suite. My project requires me to make use of webcam to record video of a person walking to

analyse his walking pattern. Therefore i need labview to work with a webcam. I saw a lot of forums about how to intergrate webcams with labview so

i have installed NI-IMAQ 4.1, NI-IMAQ for 1394 2.0.5, NI-IMAQ I/O 2.2 and NI-IMAQdx 3.2. I also have downloaded vision acquisition software from national instruments website itself for labview 8.6 just to make sure everything works. I also installed vision development module. But after all these installation in MAX under devices and interfaces i don't seem to see the IMAQ devices folder, apparently it's missing.  

I read about this from other forums saying that to change the name of the file named niu3v.dll in  C:/Windows/SysWOW64 directory but for my case i cant seem to find it. Been struggling with this for days!! 

I am using ASUS N53S laptop and trying to use the intergrated webcam in this laptop and also another usb 2 webcam which is from tecom.

Webcam specifications : USB 2.0 UVC 2M Webcam (Laptop) , and a webcam from tecom (Not sure how to get the model name)

I am still new to this so i appreciate if any help is given. Thanks in advance!

The following are the screenshots of the software i have installed in MAX.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,657 Views)

I have the same problem.
My web cam does not show up in MAX
I am using Microsoft LifeCam Studio camera.
I have a development PC on which my application works fine. The camera shows up in MAX.
On my execution PC I have installed the installed the files from the installer I build on my development PC. I had to inbstalle NI-VISA Configuration Support to get MAX on my execution PC. The application works fine, BUT I do not see my camera in MAX.

I need to set the camera alias name and do setup in MAX

What is missing in my installer, for MAX to see the Webcam?

\bolid

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,394 Views)

I believe that the PC on which NI Vision applications run also needs a license to run the video software.  It certainly needs some Run Time support.  We ran into this several years ago -- I seem to recall that we purchased some form of a Vision run-time license (my memory is a little fuzzy here -- I wrote the software, but my colleague was the one trying to get it to run on another, non-Development (and thus non-LabVIEW) PC.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,383 Views)

I have the same problem.  I don't get the IMAQdx folde in MAX.  Both my laptop's webcam and a USB thermal camera show up in MAX, but directly under Devices and Interfaces.  I can use the IMAQdx VIs to access the camera, but only in black and white.

Does you camera show up at all in MAX?

Paul-

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,344 Views)

It's been a while since I worked on this, so my memory is slightly fuzzy.  I just opened MAX.  My PC has a Logitech USB Webcam plugged in, and there are 4 Axis cameras, communicating over TCP/IP, three on the Campus network and one on a local Network running off a second NIC.

When MAX is opened, the Logitech camera shows up under "Devices and Interfaces".  The Network cameras don't immediately show up, but after a second or three, the "Network Devices" lights up and when you expand it, the four cameras are visible.

There's a "gotcha" in MAX -- by default (meaning "unless you do something special"), it can only see IP cameras in a fairly local subnet (not sure of the "rules" here, but it may be those that are visible in the local Mask).  To see other cameras on your system, you need to edit some of MAX's files to map the camera's IP address for MAX.

If this is the issue, let me know -- I don't quite remember the steps, but can figure it out by looking at the files we made to do this.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,331 Views)