cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA : error message- Unsupported Item

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I am a new user of Labview. I am trying to use NI 7855R. FPGA module is installed in the computer, but when I am trying to run some example files, I am getting an error message that FPGA plug-in is not installed or there is an expired license. But FPGA module is installed, twice to make sure that's not the problem, and also I have a license for FPGA development too. 

Would you have any idea how to solve this issue? I am stuck here for nearly more than than 10 days now! 

Thanks in advance! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,957 Views)

Did you install the appropriate hardware drivers? You'll need to make sure you install NI-RIO and LabVIEW support for your FPGA board. If that's not clear or doesn't help, can you open Measurement and Automation Explorer, expand the Software tree, and post a screenshot showing what you have installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,953 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. I haveinstalled NI RIO driver as prescribed. Here is the attachment. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,949 Views)

Can you also expand the Labview 2014 tree, inside the Software tree? When you installed NI-RIO, did you make sure to include LabVIEW support?

Message 4 of 10
(4,931 Views)

I have probably enabled all the items in the installation file. But I will check that again. 

Here is the expanded version. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,924 Views)

It should show that the FPGA toolkit is installed under LabVIEW 2014. Since the FPGA Module isn't listed there, I suspect that's the problem.

Message 6 of 10
(4,916 Views)

Thank you very much to point that out. As a matter of fact, the labview software is installed by our IICT department. Is there any particular instruction that I can pass to them to resolve this? 

I suppose I need to isntall this module: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/11834 

Please correct me if I am worng.

And thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,904 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iseven

That's right. You should have received a disc or two for it with your copy of LabVIEW, if you purchased that module. It also appears you can download it from http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2014/4827/en/ but note that it's a large install (I haven't downloaded that file, I just know that it's a large installer off the discs).

Message 8 of 10
(4,895 Views)

It seems to be working after installing that. Would you mind looking at the Measurement and Automation Explorer for one last time? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,888 Views)

@iseven wrote:

It seems to be working after installing that. Would you mind looking at the Measurement and Automation Explorer for one last time? 

That looks like what I'd expect to see.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,872 Views)