LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5105 Multiple Sessions possible in one application?

Is it possible to group the channels on a PCIe-5105 so one group has one trigger and the other group has a separate independent trigger? Looking at IVI in MAX, it appears possible to create separate logical driver sessions with different groups of channels and different triggers, but I don't know if both logical driver sessions can be opened at the same time on one card in one application, and have them operate independently.

Message 1 of 4
(2,528 Views)

It is possible to set up triggers for multiple channels to reference, but it should be done by a development environment (LabVIEW, Visual Studio, etc) and not in NI MAX. How do you intent to implement this application?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,473 Views)

I'm using LabVIEW. What I'm aiming for is to acquire three channels using a fourth channel as the trigger, and another group of three channels again with a fourth channel as a separate trigger. The two groups would trigger independently. However if I open a second session on the same card with niScope Initialize, it seems to stop the acquisition of the first session.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,469 Views)

Could you please provide the code for us to look at as well as a screenshot of any errors you are getting?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,447 Views)