LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output values after an increment

Hello,

I think the logic is straightforward, but I cannot figure out. I want to have a start value, an increment, a stop value, and a wait time between each increment and output the value each time after the increment. Let's say, if I start at 200 with an increment 10 and ends at 300, I want to have a value each time starts at 200, send to my other part of the code and wait for few seconds as I need to attach the value to a string to command a device to move, and then go to 210 send out again, and continue. I tried to use a while or for loop but the output will be an array not a value each time. Is there any simpler way to do this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,417 Views)

Attach a VI of what you have tried so far and we can take a look at what's happening.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,364 Views)

In 2016 and later you can use Channel Wires. Although I'm not very familiar with them, they're supposed to be (as far as I can tell) a simpler form of Queue/Notifier.

If you don't have 2016/7, and so can't use Channel Wires, you can look at a Queue for your use case. This then effectively becomes a Producer/Consumer setup.

White papers can be found at those links which explain in more detail.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,356 Views)