LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw a Graph in PDF format

Hi,

In my test, I am plotting a Waveform Chart for different(real-time) parameter. After completing my test I want to save the graph(all datas) as a PDF file. Kindly suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,631 Views)

Print the frontpanel using a PDF printer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,610 Views)

I met the same issue some time ago: what I did was exporting an image of the graph through the dedicated invoke node method, then passing it to a VI containing the PDF preview and displaying it on a 2D picture control. Finally, I printed everything through the Easy print VI panel or documentation VI using PDFCreator as printer.

The "PDF preview VI" contained some tab controls that represented the sheets, so that I was able to place many different controls and indicators other than the graphs and print only the pages I needed by showing and hiding the various tabs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,602 Views)

Thanks. now I can able to print whole front panel using Print VI panel option. So now in my VI, I am having my waveform chart and other controls and indicators too. I want only the waveform chart print alone.

One more difficulty is, if waveform chart is 1024 chart history length. But I need to take the all history length(all sample datas) graph in PDF.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,579 Views)

Hi NI_Auto,

I want only the waveform chart print alone.

Easy solution: show only the chart in the FP, when you want to print it!

But I need to take the all history length(all sample datas) graph in PDF.

Easy solution: increase the history length of your chart…

Other solution: hold a history buffer on your own and use a graph instead. Now you are able to change history size at runtime…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,572 Views)

If you want a little bit more control over the PDF beyond what printing will give you, there is a great PDF report generation toolkit out there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,560 Views)

Cente90, from your description it seems that you are sequentially printing multiple pages. Did you manage to print them to a single PDF document? I use a (probably) similar printing technique for some reports, it works well on a paper printer, but generates as many files as pages on a PDF printer. What's the role of Easy print VI panel here?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,555 Views)

hi! I have a problem i'm new here and please help  me if u can .I want to know if I can take a signal using the arduino uno and display it in labview with an oscilloscope.thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,549 Views)

Your question has nothing to do with this topic.  Please start a new thread (Press the START A TOPIC button).

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,538 Views)

ok,sorry and thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,532 Views)

pincpanter ha scritto:

Cente90, from your description it seems that you are sequentially printing multiple pages. Did you manage to print them to a single PDF document? I use a (probably) similar printing technique for some reports, it works well on a paper printer, but generates as many files as pages on a PDF printer. What's the role of Easy print VI panel here?

I did, but the Easy print VI was not the key to accomplish that: I just managed to size and align the tab controls on the front panel (one tab for each sheet/page, as I mentioned before) so that when I press the "print" button, after programmatically hiding all the objects on the front panel that I don't want to print (I only leave the tab controls), I can get each tab printed on a different page of the PDF document.

Hope the image attached can explain it even better: you can see one tab/page of my report and, above it, on the very upper zone of the front panel, a small section of the previous tab/page: having the tabs with that size and alignment and hiding everything else at the moment of printing, I get everything in the same PDF.

Message 11 of 12
(445 Views)

I see. Useful for fixed format reports but not for variable length tables like many of mine.

I will post in the Idea Exchange forum a proposal for queued printing.

Ciao e buon lavoro.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(428 Views)