LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to display various data

Hi

What is the most efficient and lumped way to display data in a vi? For example we have 6 input channels and each channel has 9 different parameters to display.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,228 Views)

The efficiency of a display is in the eye of the beholder...

Are all nine parameters the same for all six channels?

Do you want values "at a glance" or  do you need to display detailed data?

Chart? Graph? Gauges? Numeric indicators? An array or table maybe?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,218 Views)

In general: array of clusters in configuration screen, user interface on main screen.

In particular I need more information, very general question

What kind of interface is it? Measurement, configuration screens have different sets and view of the parameters.

Are these parameters to display or to control?

Is there something common (voltage range for one board ai channels)? Then you can show only 1 instead of 6.

Do you need to display all of them? Like scaling coefficient, board name/channel are not needed during measurements.

Some can go to numeric format (1.2 mV), graph name, additional slide indicators (range), etc.

Message 3 of 5
(3,202 Views)

Thanks for reply.

I have two graphs. Each graph can display six waveforms, upon user selection. Beside each waveform, some information should be displayed. For example peak, RMS, frequency, THD and ... of each signal. To represent data in a table, we should have 6 rows and 5 to 8 columns. I am searching for the best way to represent this amount of data in a limited space.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,186 Views)

Tab control

Floating cluster on top of graph, button show/hide

Show one selected (enum) parameter for all 6 graphs or all parameters for one "active" graph.

Splitter to shrink graph - show table

Message 5 of 5
(3,173 Views)