LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ cast image

Hi,

Is it possible to use IMAQ cast image to threshold a live image without the vision acquisition software? I mean as the camera acquire and add each acquired image on top of the other, I want them thresholded into 16 bit or 8 bit and show the final image.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,775 Views)

Hi daidase,

The Vision software is required to use the IMAQ functions, so without it the Cast Image vi will not be available.

To do this without the Vision module, you would need to take the image data as a raw stream of data and create your threshold process yourself.

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,730 Views)

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your reply. I think I've got the vision though. I've got all the functions that come with it. But VAC (Vision Acq. Software) has its own license I guess, had its own window saying that 7 days left and you cannot extend it either. And without it, I think cast image won't work. Can you check attached png files to see if I'm making any sense, please?

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,726 Views)

I see what you mean. You're right, once the license expires you will get a message saying it is unavailable.

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)

But is it a separate licence? Because we've bought Vision but waiting for the custom computer to arrive to download on it. If that is the case, we need to order VAC as well...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,720 Views)