LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire data from two 9181 Ethernet modules in the same VI?

I have been running a field-deployed daq rig reading 1-3 channels of data on a single cDAQ module in a 9181 chassis and sending it to a laptop over an Ethernet cable.  I recently was asked to get 2 channels located at two different locations with a wireless link (over water).  In this configuration I'd have one 9181 located near my laptop with a hard connection through a switch and another located some distance away with a wireless bridge.

Synchronization is not really important as I'm really just trying to avoid having a separate person standing at the other location pressing record or having to deal with triggering (very different event signal levels).  I really just need two dumb data streams over Ethernet coming into the same VI (data producer/consumer loops).  

In the Express task I can see both DAQ's, but when I select ai0 from one of them and ai0 from the other and try to run it, it throws an error and asks about an NI9469 module.  I can tell that it is looking for some of the more conventional triggering and sychro architectures, which aren't needed here.  I have previously gotten my VI to acquire data from a USB GPS device and a single cDAQ module and write to the same file with no problems despite very different sample rates. 

I am still what I'd consider an entry-level user and programmer. Any input appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)

Why are you putting both into the same express VI?

Since they are two different modules, create two different express VI's, one handling each module.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,223 Views)