LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure When Placing VI Contents

In the palette set editor, when you right-click on a VI, there is a tantalizing setting:

Cwpvc.png

But I can't figure out how to get it to do anything.  Does anybody know how to make this work?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 1 of 5
(2,948 Views)

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be if your VI contained an Express VI that it would be configured when you drop the VI contents.

Again, a completely wild guess...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,926 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be if your VI contained an Express VI that it would be configured when you drop the VI contents.

Again, a completely wild guess...

I didn't ask what it would do if I could get it to work, I asked how to get it to work.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,905 Views)

Well if it is intended for Express VIs, that begs the question, is your VI on the palette an Express VI?  If not that setting might not mean anything if crossrulz is right about its purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,895 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

If not that setting might not mean anything if crossrulz is right about its purpose.

My quick test did not work.  So who knows?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,890 Views)