LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCV with Labview and NI1752 smart camera

Hi,

I worte a VI to get image from the smart camera and then send it to an OpenCV dll to for image processing.  When I try to run the vi, I get the following error..

LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library dll_32.dll:img_show:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
Deployment completed with errors

'dll_32' is my opencv dll.  I want to run the computation on my PC, not on the camera.  Why is it trying to read the dll from the camera?.  Can someone suggest how I can go about this?

Best,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,511 Views)

Please don't post multiple times with exactly the same question. Answer is attached to this thread.

Basically the target in your project determines where your code is executed. If you place a VI inside the Smart Camera target it will be executed on the Smart Camera even if you have your project open on your Windows system. As explained in that other post you need to create an application in "My Computer" too, and implement some interapplication communication between your smart camera application and this second application on your Windows host PC to exchange the image data.

I still think that using IMAQ Vision instead would be a lot less hassle. Smiley Happy

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,451 Views)