From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use IBCLR in Visual Basic

Solved!
Go to solution

I suck at programming and the API's syntax recommendations on http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321038g.pdf do not work.

I'm using Visual Basic 2010 Express. I can get many messages to work but I think I'm leaving data in the buffer with some commands. I see that IBCLR clears a specific device in the buffer but I'm having a hard time with they syntax.

Currenlty I'm trying 

GpibDevice.Write("ibclr(pna)") but it does not work.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,872 Views)

I wouldn't be using functions like ibclr( ) etc

Look at the examples that are installed automatically when you install NI-VISA when Visual Studio was already installed.

Also for Agilent PNAs, you should read their documentation on programming them very carefully. One decision you will have to make right away is whether to use SCPI or COM.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,871 Views)

Why not?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,864 Views)

fyi,

the DotNet 4.0 (Visual Basic 10) examples does not have that many examples (only 3). I need more examples on how to manipulate Markers Mins, Max, Values etc..

ni_examples.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,863 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author high-Q

@high-Q wrote:

I need more examples on how to manipulate Markers Mins, Max, Values etc..

You need to see if Agilent has examples that are that specific.
As I wrote before, READ the Agilent Help files. You won't be able to get much done without it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,850 Views)

OK, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,835 Views)