Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver of Polytec OFV 3001 (LabVIEW 2011)

Hello, guy,

I am working on a measurement system based on the vibrometer(OFV 3001) of Polytech to measure the piezoelectric effect. The time is very tight! There was already a serial interface RS232 in the back panel of it so that one can query and change the setting of the controller by the software in PC or Laptop. For example change the Measurement range.

In the link http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=0309E82DB3981029E0440003BA7CCD... we can download its driver. But this was a submitted non-certified driver that used many functions that may have been in vi.lib which shouldn't be used. By the Snipping Tool of Windows I have acquired the images of these VIs and placed them in the attachment. Unfortunately it seems this driver cannot be used in 2011 or later.

Has someone else already developed a driver for the same or similar instrument? Which VIs in Labview 2011 can I replace these 4 VI with, in order to modify these VI?

major: Precision Mechanics and Microtechnology
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,291 Views)

You could simply delete the vi.lib functions from the llb. Those serial functions were made obsolete around LabVIEW 6. When you open a VI that contains them, you should get replacements that use VISA. Rewriting it yourself should only take a little if you were to attampt it. It looks like the only one you need to modify is Serial-OFV_3000. Replace the init, write, and read with VISA Intialize Serial Port, VISA Write, and VISA Read. I would not worry about the goofy timeout stuff associated with the old read with timeout.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,284 Views)

thanks very much, I will try it.

major: Precision Mechanics and Microtechnology
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,272 Views)