Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get data from norma D6000 with GPIB

Hi everybody!
I only need to comunicate with Norma D6000 to get data for all variables and visualize in labview 7.
goodbye
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,277 Views)
Hi,

The first step is to install the GPIB hardware and drivers. I assume you have.

Connect the instrument to the GPIB interface, go to MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and select "Scan for Instruments". If the instrument is detected, that means the the GPIB port can communicate with the instrument. MAX sends *IDN? to get the instrument ID.

Then, you need to get the command set for the instrument. This should be provided by the manufacturer. It is the set of commands that you can send through GPIB to control the instrument. Communication with GPIB devices is usually a query-response format, send a command (query) and get the response.

Hope this helps.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,277 Views)
Hi DiegoF:
First,Thank you for your answer. I did all you say, but i have problems with the command "RED?".All commands thought MAX works well but the "RED?" command no. I execute the driver example "getting started measurement single phase" and I see in the machine "execution error". I don`t know where is the error. To see the error i execute all the subvis (of the example) one by one, doing this i don`t get error in the machine. I use labview and LEM drivers and the result is the same.
If you know about another example i will be grateful is you send me.
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,277 Views)
Hi Icu543,
Today i had  the same problem with D6000 using LabVIEW drivers. Did you find a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,880 Views)
Hello metrisys,
         If the issue does not occur when running each VI individually, then there might be a timing issue.  Try placing wait functions (with sequence structures around them to enforce data flow), between the VIs in the example.  It would also be a good idea to upgrade your instrument's firmware and make sure that the "RED?" command is still supporting in the instrument most recent programming manual.  Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,851 Views)