Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW IO Control: Can I break them down to DeviceName, and SessionNumber ?

I use the LabVIEW IO Control to initialize a device and I pass the inputs from Test Stand. Test Stand breaks them into: DeviceName and SessionNumber.

Untitled.png

Is there a way in LabVIEW to do the same thing ? I'd like to be able to break or "unbundle" them in LabVIEW. Thanks y'all !

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,817 Views)

Hi SK8,

Could you please give me some more information on what control you are using and what type of device you are initializing (DAQmx, Serial, GPIB, etc.)?  A screenshot of the piece of code in question would be helpful.  It is likely that the information you are looking for is accessible through a property node for the session you are initializing, but it will be different depending on the type of session.  I would recommend starting to look there.

Happy Holidays!

Andrew T.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,800 Views)

It is  the IO Control for NI-Sync (T6674 Timing card). I've attached a small screenshot. Basically what I am trying to do is this: I am passing inputs from Test Stand to my VI for the IO Control. I'd like to do that as a bundle of 2 strings (Session Name, Number) and them bundle them inside my VI to pass to NI-Sync. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,796 Views)

Hello,

This property may be driver dependent so it may be helpful to know what hardware you are using, as well as the drivers you have installed. I hope that you have a nice day!

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,769 Views)

Hello Jason

The hardware is NI PXIe-6674T. Here is a screenshot from Max. Happy Holidays !!

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,757 Views)

Hi,

You can get the device name in a string type by passing the instrument handle out to a "Type Cast.vi" and casting it to a string type. Unfortunately you can not get the IVI session number in LabVIEW.

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,740 Views)