Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-5132 NI-VISA version

Solved!
Go to solution

All,

I'm trying to use NI USB-5132 Digitizer.  Looking through the material on downloads, it seems I need to have NI-SCOPE to use this product; i therefore have downloaded NI-SCOPE 3.9.7 and tried to install only to find the following error:

"Unsupported version of NI-VISA detected
A version of NI-VISA that is not supported on this operating system has been detected. You must cancel this installation and uninstall the older version before continuing. Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code CleanVista for more information."

So i followed the instructions and it says i must uninstall NI software...I would like to just install a different version of NI-VISA instead of reinstalling the whole mess of NI products i have.  Does anyone know the version of NI-VISA used by NI-SCOPE 3.9.7 or where to find that information?  I am using windows 7 32-bit, LabVIEW 2011 SP1.

-Bill

John 3:16
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,291 Views)

@ggoatman wrote:
I would like to just install a different version of NI-VISA instead of reinstalling the whole mess of NI products i have.

You can just download NI-VISA from ni.com

I'd just install the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ggoatman

Greetings,

I find that the typical reason users arrive at this particular error message is an operating system upgrade. When our installer detects that a version of our software that is unsupported on the current version of the operating system is installed it does not attempt to remove it, and instead provides this error. This can happen if say, a user upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 without performing a clean install of the operating system. The easiest solution:

• Navigate to Control Panel
  • Select Add/Remove Programs
  • Choose National Instruments Software
  • Remove NI-VISA.
  • Install a new, more modern version of NI-VISA.

With the critically outdated version safely removed, the modern installer will operate just fine.

Thanks,

James Duvall

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,258 Views)