Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link error while using IVI-C API, visual c++ express 2008, x64 platform

Hi there, I am trying to control the power supply via IVI-C API.

To get started, I followed the tutorial given by IVI foundation. (http://www.ivifoundation.org/downloads/IVI%20GSG%202012/IVI%20GSG%20C++%20MAR2012.pdf)

I followed the steps given by the tutorial, and could compile and build the application on win32 platform.

However, when building the same project on x64 platform, I kept receiving these errors:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol TQLP_InitWithOptions.

May you please tell me whether I could build the IVI API based application on x64 platform? If yes, how to solve this problem?

I have been spending lots of time in solving this link error problem. Any tips or help would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,923 Views)

Hi jwsun,

Which IVI-C driver are you using? If the IVI-C driver has a .lib file (I guess it should be TQLP.lib) under "C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Lib_x64\msc\", please make sure if this lib has already been added into the Link input path.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,917 Views)

Hi, Charles.Tac,

Thanks for your reply. 😃

I am using the IVI-C driver given by TTi (QL_IVI Driver-v1.6.0), and yes it is TQLP.lib. I have also added into the input of the linker.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I am using 64bits Win 7. Thus following the instruction given by the tutorial, the lib is supposed to be C:\Program Files(x86)\IVI  Foundation\IVI\Lib\msc\. For this path, I could find the TQLP.lib.

However, for the path you mentioned, I could not find the TQLP.lib.

So, which path should I add into the additional lib directories for the linker?

Thank you again for your kind assistance 😃

@Charles.Tac wrote:

Hi jwsun,

Which IVI-C driver are you using? If the IVI-C driver has a .lib file (I guess it should be TQLP.lib) under "C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Lib_x64\msc\", please make sure if this lib has already been added into the Link input path.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,916 Views)

Hi jwsun,

There should be two seperate lib file for x86 and x64. Could you make sure if you are using the correct lib in linker?

Please open a Visual Studio Command Prompt and type "dumpbin /HEADERS xxx.lib >> a.txt". Search the string "FILE HEADER VALUES" in a.txt, you could find the OS platform the lib support.

Wish that could help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,908 Views)