Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW: NI USB-485 an Windows Server 2003

Hello, I have a problem with the USB driver for the USB-485 device. After several weeks of proper working something happend: the driver is no more correct installed, the device driver information for the attachen COM3 port shows altering every second "driver installed / driver not installed" and the second USB device (a mouse) gets frozen.

After reinstallation of the driver software the problem is still there.

Question: any tool available for complete deinstallation of the NI software ? (Software deinstallation via system does not wipe out all registry settings=

Any other idea to repair the system (complete USB deinstallation etc. did not help)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,222 Views)

Hi,

to remove all NI Software use MSI Blast, but please use it carefully.

You can find it here

Have you tried to use another USB Port?

Regards,
Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,206 Views)

Hello, thanks for the answer:

- I tried "Blast.." already. But ,maybe that's a failure, I used it after deinstallation all NI Software via "System / Software ..." and nothing to blast was found. After reinstalling ... same errot as described above

- yes I tried several USB ports ... same result as above

Any further help is appreciated.

Regards, Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,203 Views)

Hello,

It is not possible for the NI-Serial driver to affect other USB devices attached to the system.  If non-NI USB devices are also affected, then this is actually a strange problem with your paricular system.  I woud think that the built in USB controller on your system has a problem.

Thanks,

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,195 Views)