Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing NI-488.2

I am trying to install a 3rd party USB/IEEE inteface (Keithley KUSB-488) but the installer says I must remove NI-488.2 before it will install. When I try to uninstall NI488.2 from Add/Remove programs it asks for a CD-ROM "Natioal Instruments Device Drivers-December 2005" but I do not have this disk.

Can you tell me where I can download it, or better still, is there any way I can support the Keithley KUSB-488 unsing an NI driver (I have tried with my current installation which sees the hardware but says there is an error accessing it).

The KUSB-488 installs and works OK on another PC which does not have the NI-488.2 software installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,943 Views)
Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, you cannot use the CEC 488 and the NI 488.2 at the same time. Uninstall the NI 488.2 and then you can use VISA to control the card. We don't have the Device Drivers Dec 2005 available on the web anymore but  I don't see why you should need them in order to uninstall the software. Perhaps try to unistall both and then reinstall the Keithley one.

KostasB

NIUK Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,900 Views)

facing the same issue for installing KEITHLEY KUSB 488!!! Please post the procedure to uninstall the NI 488, i did not find it on removing/unistall program in WIN7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,428 Views)

How can i Uninstall the NI 488.2....?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,427 Views)